As many of You know, I’m big on Statesmen, all-things Statesmen/Stateswomen and teeny-weeny-eeny-iota on Politicians. ;-) Well, I found myself on drkatesview blog while surfin’ the bloody ‘net tonight and upon reading some of her recent posts, I came to realize that we have a lot in common. She has a great blog so check her out, man. I came across her post on Statesmen vs. Politicians which I want to share a bit wit’ you.
drkatesview provides a YouTube clip of Red Beckman’s take on this issue:
- A Statesman loves the Constitution.
- A Politician hates the Constitution.
- A Statesman enforces the Constitution.
- A Politician violates the Constitution.
- A Statesman uses truth to keep power in the hands of the people.
- A Politician uses lies to gain power over the people.
- A Statesman‘s primary concern is to secure freedom for future generations.
- A Politician’s primary concern is to get elected or re-elected.
Plus six more-
- Statesman will not play politics with the people’s money.
- A Politician will buy votes with tax money.
- A Statesman knows the people must control government.
- A Politician believes that government should control people.
- A Statesman knows the people must limit government’s power to tax.
- A Politician believes government should have unlimited power to tax.
- A Statesman gives his allegiance to the people and country.
- A Politician gives his allegiance to government.
- A Statesman will demand a balanced budget.
- A Politician will spend money stolen from future generations(deficit spending).
- A Statesman will cause peace.
- A Politician will cause wars.
I agree with drkatesview where she writes:
“Pretty stark comparisons, but I bet you all can think of a thousand ways in which your so-called representatives do and do not fit these categories. All candidates must be held up to these ten points of light.”
These Ten points of Light can outshine a Thousand Points of Light, folks. ;-)