Wellll, here we go, Everyman and Woman. The l.a.s.t. debate before the 2012 Debacle Theatre of the Absurd. Here’s what I see on this important night:
1. Lynn University is a subliminal (wink, wink) introduction into global new (new) liberal world order; a phrase I first heard (aside: I think president Obama just blinked for the millionth time..but I could be wrong) on a C-SPAN foreign policy panel recently. The panel included Thomas Friedman, Robert Kagan, and Princeton University Professor John Ikenberry talking about how our next president ought to engage the world, yada yada. The terms “liberal world order” and “liberal international order” were batted about. Euphemisms for “new world order”? Perhaps. But after the introduction and history of Lynn University, I think president Obama will be in his “element”, which is global governance, global economy and globalization. Obama will once again be wearing that ethereal halo. If Obama knows anything, he knows what Lynn University is a launch pad for a new global order – now that it’s beeen “revealed” to the rest of us. TA DA!
O on a roll…want fries with that?
2. Prez-O knows how to work a room. All eyes are on him – looking alive tonight. Six days rehearsing for this debate actually looks good on him, ya know? He remembers everything on the mind-tape he’s been reiterating for 4 years. He hasn’t waivered from the original script which indicates he learns well by rote.
3. Romney actually looks engaged and always has something fresh and new to say. Romney doesn’t do “going off on a tangent” very well though, wouldn’t you agree?
4. Uh oh – Romney supports drones. Drones are a big no-no domestically.
5. Don’t know…but I DO know who is the arse.
6. Too much stuttering and ‘air-brushing” history.
7. I’m noticing how Prez-O keeps saying things like “we have to do (fill in the blank)”, “we have to go forward (into the breach?)”; all these things Prez-O tells Americans all the things “we” need to “do”. Hey! Drop the “WE”, Prez-O. I’m not president but I thinkI’ve got more done in the past 4 years than you have. You keep telling me what needs to be done – but you haven’t done anything but kick out the legs of hard-working Americans.
8. Prez-O says he’s going to “work” the next 4 years. That would be nice. Does it mean he’s going to skip golf, perpetual vacations, so he can “work-in” dailyintel briefings?
9. Thank Goodness. This debate is over.
10. Why do Prez-O and Romney have a love-in at the end of these debates?
11. What do you think they’re whispering in each others ears while shaking hands at the end?
Leave a comment
No comments yet.